- @janbraai Yes. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. It's illegal. Lets continue this conversation offline... 6 hours ago
- Thanks @TableMTB for organizing sublime conditions and huge posse for Blockhouse spin this morn! And @pcalitz @ross_mcewan for the pre-ride. 6 hours ago
- Just read this out aloud. Thanks, Nic. “@NicDawes: Madiba's two releases, from half-a-world away shar.es/DFxLk” 1 day ago
- RT @ashleighcycling: "It always seems impossible until it's done." Nelson Mandela 2 days ago
- "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and… instagram.com/p/hkkglclFzn/ 2 days ago
Author Archives: nictwohands
Is there a better way to celebrate the 100th Tour de France’s than boosting the peleton on Stage 20? I didn’t think so.
http://imaginate.redbull.com/videos/riding_film This takes me back to the hours I spent playing with cars, trains, planes and bikes scattered about my bedroom. Nice to know all that time mucking about was put to good use by someone… A simply superb bike … Continue reading
This year is going to be a ripper!
Phew. So the joBerg2C is finished, and for those who’ve been following this blog, it’s clear that I was too! Yet I never wrapped up the experience with my final posts of the last few days. My apologies. My body … Continue reading
Kamberg to Hazeldean Farm: 89km So something happened in Glengarry. I woke up 10 times during the night to discharge lumpy chunks of phlegm. At our 5am wake up call I was barely able to talk. I think the clouds … Continue reading
Winterton to Kamberg: 96km Yes, yes, I know. My last post from the trenches of the Old Mutual joBerg2C was three days ago. It really has been a battle out here. Ironic that it came a day after we had … Continue reading
Being stuck in a mountain bike race in deepest darkest Africa has many pros. One of the cons is that connection to the interweb is not very reliable. Hence my post from Monday’s stage coming though now… Day 5′s update … Continue reading
Reitz to Sterkfontein Dam: 130km Sitting in a beanbag, as a gentle breeze blows off the Sterkfontein Dam. The sun has lost all its fury, but still hovers above the horizon. I’m listening to the post-race banter from riders. Beer … Continue reading
Images courtesy of Kelvin Trautman | Nikon